This year’s student’s handbooks can be downloaded from here:
The studios were established in 1978 and have gone on to be one of the top in the Northern and North Eastern areas, winning many awards both here and interstate. A new branch was established in the Western Area in 2001 and already is offering all styles of classes, with huge successes also.
Past students have gone into Bachelor of Arts, Centre of Performing arts, Overseas Co., Australian Ballet School, Musical productions around Australia, New York Film Academy, Brent Street, Jason Coleman;s Ministry of Dance, Patrick’s Studios in Melbourne, teaching positions and professional dancing and performing, to name a few.
But we pride ourselves in offering classes for both the professional aim and for fun fitness and recreation. The stream your child takes is entirely upto you, but our professionally trained staff are certainly available to assist and guide you along the way.
Dance is a wonderful experience open to all regardless of their aims, but at our studios you can be assured that you will be receiving fully professional and qualified instruction, which is of great importance when young bodies are involved- unfortunately this is not always the case with many unaccredited studios opening.
Past Successes Include:
As a studio we entered the CADS eisteddfods where we were overall winners in all sections, as well as adjudicators choice. As well as listings above, below is a listing of some of the TIDC performing arts studio’s students awards and achievements:
- Overall champions school in SA and Interstate eisteddfods
- Students accepted into Australian Ballet School
- National dance trophy winners
- Solo aggregate winner (all age groups)
- RAD and CSTD and AICD scholarship winners
- Tap championship winners
- Jazz championship winners
- Classical championship winners
- Theatrical championship winners
- Winners National Australasian Dance Championships
- Australian Youth Ballet Scholarship winners
- Students accepted into Jason Coleman’s Ministry of Dance, Dance World
- Brent Street, Patrick’s Dance Studio, Melbourne
- Principal roles in many local and national musical theatre companies.
- New York Film Academy (musical theatre)
- Moulin Rouge
- Various professional touring musicals including The Producers, Westside Story, The Titanic, 42nd street, Chicago
- Princess at Disneyland Japan
- Jeep Agency acceptance
- Touring shows in Hong Kong and Singapore
- AYT agency acceptance and promotions